Be Recognized As A Supporter Of Community Radio!
WSLR-LP, Sarasota Local Radio, is seeking ‘underwriters’ – that is, local businesses or individuals that provide tax-deductible contributions to the station in return for on-air acknowledgements. Contributions support the day-to-day operations of the station, as well as funding the complete build out of our studios and upgrade of the broadcast studio equipment to durable professional quality components.
Program Sponsorship – $20 per hour (only $10 between 11pm-7am)
Show your support for a specific style of music or programming. Refer to our current program schedule for ideas. If you choose to be a program sponsor, your 20 second spot will run at the top of the hour and the bottom of the hour.
Benefits of Underwriting: Underwriting on WSLR-LP will allow your business to be recognized on the air as a supporter of Sarasota Local Radio as our signal reaches out to over 100,000 potential listeners in our broadcast area. Our listeners are a diverse group of people, many of whom specifically patronize local businesses and support companies with a similar commitment to the community
All underwriting must be prepaid.
- Underwriting acknowledgements will be read at the top and bottom of the hour on the show of your choice.
- Each block of underwriting acknowledgements purchased must be used within one year of purchase date.
- Underwriting acknowledgements begin with “Programming on WSLR is supported by our listeners, as well as by:” Following this phrase, underwriters may provide text up to 25 words long. WSLR reserves the right to edit content to fit FCC guidelines.
- A maximum of four underwriting acknowledgements per day can be purchased.
- WSLR is a commercial-free radio station, and therefore, we must adhere to FCC guidelines for permissible underwriting acknowledgements. FCC rules do not permit calls to action; inducements to buy, sell, or lease; opinions or views; price information; promotions; comparative or qualitative verbiage; or support or opposition to any political candidate. Your acknowledgement may include no more than 25 words describing the type of business and its location or address, telephone number, web address, brand or trade name of the product or service, value-neutral description of the product or service, historical information, logogram or non-promotional slogan. WSLR can create or suggest an acknowledgement for you – just ask.
If you are interested in underwriting, please call the Station Manager at 894-6469 to learn more.