Underwrite Your Favorite Program
Be Recognized as a Supporter Of Community Radio!
Underwriting is a non-commercial acknowledgement of your business’s support of WSLR+Fogartyville.
Becoming an Underwriter is good for business, good for your image and good for our community! Is it the right move for your business or nonprofit organization?
Here are some things to consider:
- By supporting WSLR, you are making a statement about your business/organization and how it fits into our listening community. A company’s support of community radio has a positive influence on the listener’s decision to purchase your products or services. When your business gives financial support to WSLR, you are seen as part of our community radio family.
- You can target the placement of your on-air spots around specific music programs, community interest and news segments, time of day and/or a host of variety shows.
WSLR is a commercial-free radio station, and therefore, we must adhere to FCC guidelines for permissible underwriting acknowledgements. FCC rules do not permit calls to action; inducements to buy, sell, or lease; opinions or views; price information; promotions; comparative or qualitative verbiage; or support or opposition to any political candidate. Your acknowledgement may include no more than 25 words describing the type of business and its location or address, telephone number, web address, brand or trade name of the product or service, value-neutral description of the product or service, historical information, logogram or non-promotional slogan. WSLR can create or suggest an acknowledgement for you – just ask.
- Each block of underwriting acknowledgements purchased must be used within one year of purchase date.
- Underwriting acknowledgements begin with “Programming on WSLR is supported by our listeners, as well as by:” Following this phrase, underwriters may provide text up to 25 words long. WSLR reserves the right to edit content to fit FCC guidelines. We are happy to work with you the content of your announcement.
- A maximum of four underwriting acknowledgements per day can be purchased.
- All underwriting must be prepaid.
Business and Nonprofit Underwriting prices and application can be found here. For more information, call Annie Murphy at 941-894-6469.
THANKS TO OUR CURRENT UNDERWRITERS! See a list of current business and nonprofit partners here.