Underwriting and Sponsorship
With 10,000+ weekly listeners, our audience is loyal, educated and community-minded.
With 60+ volunteer programmers appealing to their own community of support, WSLR reaches many different demographics, but our listeners share certain characteristics.
- ENGAGED: Many of our listeners participate in local initiatives and are highly active in the community. 1100+ have become contributing members of WSLR.
- CULTURALLY ACTIVE: Listeners are culturally engaged in the community, attending arts and music events. including events at our own pertormance venue – Fogartyville, which saw 6000+ visitors last year.
- COMMUNITY-MINDED: Our supporters love local and seek out locally-owned establishments to support.
Download our Program underwriting Packet to find out the details on Underwriting a specific Program on WSLR.
How Underwriting Works…
Because WSLR is classified as noncommercial radio by the Federal Communications Commission, advertising is not allowed on our airwaves. However, Businesses or other organizations can show their support for community radio through underwriting announcements with language that is “non-competitive in nature.” 20-second statements may describe your business and are regulated by the Federal Communications Commission and WSLR standards.
Listen to a sample Underwriting announcement for WSLR Supporter Ben & Jerry’s Below
Expand your Organizations visibility with WSLR+Fogartyville Audiences
Underwriting is one way to highlight your support of this community resource, but WSLR+ Fogartyville has many ways to connect your organization with our audience.
- Event Sponsorships
- Print Advertisements in Critical Times quarterly publication
- Table-top Cards at Fogartyville events
- E-Newsletter Ads
- Website Placements