Job Timing: Starts on January 2, 2024
Job Title: Fogartyville Community Media and Arts Center Director
Employer: WSLR, INC; Sarasota Florida
Job Status: Exempt (FTE)
Compensation: $40,000; 24 days Accrued PTO
Reports to: General Manager
The Director is responsible for the overall operation of the Fogartyville Community Media and Arts Center. The Director will oversee a wide range of programming and will work closely with other staff and volunteers to achieve success throughout the organization.
The Director will have the responsibility for evolving and implementing ongoing programming, maintaining vital relationships with nationally-known performers/agents, and developing community-based programming. Overall operations include both an online and physical space – live concerts, special events, educational events and workshops for local residents, and live streamed events. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Responsible for house management of events.
- Responsible for ensuring excellent customer service.
- Recruits, trains, coordinates and evaluates Fogartyville staff and volunteers.
- Work with General Manager to prepare Fogartyville budget
- Oversee booking of the Fogartyville schedule.
- Responsible for stocking and maintaining bar and other Fogartyville inventory.
- Determine and fulfill the production needs and staffing of each event
- Communicate and coordinate with performers before and after shows
- Plan and organize with management all the Special Events that take place at Fogartyville.
- Oversee contracts and payments for rentals and performances.
- Schedule rotating art exhibits.
- Propose new initiatives and opportunities with a responsible sense of risk management.
- Work with General Manager to ensure compliance with Licenses to operate the Community Center (e.g. Beer & Wine license, health inspections)
- Supply Communications Director with appropriate information for press releases, website, ticketing and Fogartyville social media.
- Identify opportunities for marketing and increasing community awareness and appreciation of the Media and Arts Center through a variety of media and networks.
- Cultivate strategic relationships with other community organizations and local artists/performers.
- Oversee maintenance and protection of Fogartyville facilities and equipment.
- Oversee facility safety and use, including rental exhibition space and other rentals.
- Ensure adherence to established policies, procedures, and objectives: provides quality assurance
- Supervisory and management experience working in a music, art or community organization
- Efficient in Word processing, spreadsheet, and Google platform
- Internet and social media skills
- Knowledge of live sound engineering and lighting (a plus, but not required)
- Good business acumen and an understanding of the non-profit model
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to maintain accurate paper and electronic records
- Creative problem solver
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $40,000 with 24 days annual paid time off. Job requires evening and weekend hours.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. For more information visit wslr.org
Email cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail hard copy to:
WSLR+Fogartyville, P.O. Box 2540, Sarasota, FL 34230. In the cover letter, in two pages or less, please let us know how this role aligns with your career aspirations and skill set.
Qualified applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their materials.
WSLR+Fogartyville is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal laws.