A lot of the work at WSLR+Fogartyville gets done by the efforts of our committees.
Serving on a committee is a great way to learn how WSLR+Fogartyville operates and how we make decisions. By volunteering, you can help us advance our mission.
All WSLR+Fogartyville committee meetings are open to the public. If you need to get in touch with the chair of a committee, call our office at 941-894-6469.
2021 Board Committees
Radio Program Committee – Alecia Harper, Chair
- Members: Luke Rosebaro, Ash Hoffman (New College), David Young, Jonah Ray, Carmela Pedicini, Jackie Horn, Annie Murphy (Management)
- Responsible for ongoing review and recommendations to ensure that the organization’s radio programming is high quality and mission-oriented. The Radio Program Committee serves in an advisory capacity to Management.
Finance Committee – JR Rippel, Chair
- Members: Ryan Stanley, Sydney Dehus (Bookkeeper), Ed Subkis, Arlene Sweeting (Management)
- Responsible for monitoring the organization’s overall financial health.
Fund Development Committee – Ethan Massa, Chair
- Members: Brian Jones, Carolyn Fitzpatrick, Ed Subkis, Tom Walker, Dru Greene, Dru Jones, Arlene Sweeting (Management)
- Works with the Board Chair, Management, and other staff to provide valuable input for developing the fundraising plan and engaging the entire board in fundraising.
Governance Committee – Dru Greene, Chair
- Members: Ryan Stanley, Alecia Harper, Annie Murphy (Management)
- Responsible for ongoing review and recommendations to enhance the quality and future viability of the Board of Directors of WSLR+Fogartyville.
Task Forces & Other Committees
Anti-Racism and Cultural Inclusion Committee- Arlene Sweeting, Chair
- Members: Brian Jones, Sharon Preston-Folta, Alecia Harper, Annie Murphy
- Reviews organizational policies and programming and offers recommendations as part of a broader effort to address Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion throughout the organization
Fogartyville Task Force – Dave Beaton, Chair
- Members: Ethan Massa, Brian Jones, Carmela Pedicini
- Empowered to look at ways to renovate the patio for greater use as WSLR+Fogartyville grow
Strategic Plan Task Force – Ethan Massa Chair
- Members: Dru Greene, Brian Jones, Luke Rosebaro, Julie Morris, Stan Zimmerman, Arlene Sweeting, Annie Murphy, Ed Subkis
- Works from the Mission and Vision of WSLR+Fogartyville to create a 2-5 year plan for the Organization – developing a focus for the short term and helping define WSLR+Fogartyville’s priorities for the longer term
Community News Network Committee – Arlene Sweeting, Chair
- Members: Carol Lerner, Cathy Antunes, Malcolm Barnes, Stan Zimmerman, Becca Hadwen
- Works to build relationships and collaborative opportunities with other local independent media outlets. Brainstorms content for quarterly Critical Times publication.