A lot of the work at WSLR+Fogartyville gets done by the efforts of our committees.
Serving on a committee is a great way to learn how WSLR+Fogartyville operates and how we make decisions. By volunteering, you can help us advance our mission.
All WSLR+Fogartyville committee meetings are open to the public. If you need to get in touch with the chair of a committee, call our office at 941-894-6469.
2023 Board Committees
Radio Program Committee – Alecia Harper, Chair
- Responsible for ongoing review and recommendations to ensure that the organization’s radio programming is high quality and mission-oriented. The Radio Program Committee serves in an advisory capacity to Management.
Finance Committee – JR Rippel, Chair
- Responsible for monitoring the organization’s overall financial health.
Fund Development Committee – Paul Scire, Chair
- Works with the Board Chair, Management, and other staff to provide valuable input for developing the fundraising plan and engaging the entire board in fundraising.
Governance Committee – Dru Greene, Chair
- Responsible for ongoing review and recommendations to enhance the quality and future viability of the Board of Directors of WSLR+Fogartyville.
Task Forces & Other Committees
Anti-Racism and Cultural Inclusion Committee- Arlene Sweeting, Chair
- Reviews organizational policies and programming and offers recommendations as part of a broader effort to address Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion throughout the organization
Community News Network Committee – Arlene Sweeting, Chair
- Works to build relationships and collaborative opportunities with other local independent media outlets. Brainstorms content for quarterly Critical Times publication.