2021 Spring T-Shirt Design Contest
WSLR+Fogartyville T-Shirt Design Contest Rules and Guidelines
To celebrate our return of live music to the Fogartyville stage, WSLR+Fogartyville is holding a T-shirt design contest for FOGARTYVILLE. We are looking for a design that captures the purpose and vibe of our community space.
WSLR+Fogartyviile is accepting submissions for the 2021 Fogartyville T-Shirt Design Contest between March 1, 2021 and April 30, 2021. The winning design will be printed on the official 2021 Fogartyville T-Shirt to be released during the Spring Membership Drive.
T-Shirt Design Contest Prizes
- 1st Place – Design will be featured on the official Fogartyville 2021 t-shirt, recognition on WSLR.org and social media, designer receives four tickets to use for 2021 concerts at Fogartyville, and two t-shirts.
- 2nd Place – Recognition on WSLR.org and social media, two tickets to use for a 2021 concert at Fogartyville, and a t-shirt.
- 3rd Place – Recognition on WSLR.org and social media and a t-shirt.
Design Rules and Guidelines
- Design may not exceed 11” wide by 12” high.
- Design must include “Fogartyville” and “WSLR.org”
- Design will appear on the front of a solid-color shirt.
- Design will be printed in up to two solid colors. Gradients and transparencies cannot be incorporated.
- Design must be wholly original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold original rights to everything in it, that it may be printed on distributed t-shirts, and that it does not contain any copyright material.
- It’s recommended to render your design in Adobe Illustrator or a similar design program. Entries should include the original file, a vector-based EPS file, a high resolution JPEG or PDF file.
- Limited to (1) entry. Entries can be submitted by an individual or as a collaborative effort. See more on collaborative efforts below.
- Eligibility: Everyone, with the exception of WSLR+Fogartyville employees, is eligible to submit, including listeners, supporters, past guests, and WSLR programmers. Individuals who have entered and/or won previously are encouraged to enter again. You may resubmit your entries from previous years.
- Entries become the property of WSLR+Fogartyville.
- WSLR+Fogartyville reserves the right to make adjustments to all entries, including colors of the design and the shirt.
- Collaborative entries should use the name of your local group when possible. No entry using the name of a company will be accepted. Recognition on WSLR.org and social media may include each contributing member of the group submitting a collaborative entry when feasible. The winning group is responsible for determining how any prize will be shared within the group.
Submission Rules and Guidelines
- Entries must be emailed by April 30, 2021 to email@example.com
- All entry emails should have the subject line “2021 T-shirt Design Contest + Designer(s) Name.”
- Include your name, mailing address and telephone number. Collaborative entries should include a list of participating members noting the main contact for the group submission for communication from WSLR.
How Winners Are Selected
- There will be two rounds of voting:
- Round 1: The WSLR Board of Directors will select no more than 3 finalists.
- Round 2: The finalists will be presented to the WSLR community and the overall winner determined by a vote of the community. The WSLR+Fogartyville Management team will break a tie.
- Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Concept and originality
- Captures spirit of the WSLR+Fogartyville community
- Completeness of design and readiness for printing
- Feasibility of reproduction
- Adherence to design and submission rules and guidelines
How Winners Will Be Notified
- Winners will be notified by email at the close of the voting period, via the information provided during entry. At the sole discretion of WSLR+Fogartyville, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:
- Winner’s failure to respond to notification within three (3) business days after its transmission.
- The return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts.
- Winner’s failure to provide original design files.
- Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individual will be declared a “winner” of the contest via social media, e-newsletter and on WSLR.org.
- To release the rights to your design to WSLR for the use on the Fogartyville t-shirt and other promotional items, including, but not limited to: the WSLR+Fogartyville website, social media and marketing materials.
- That WSLR reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning designs.
- To abide by all contest rules, agreements and guidelines.
2021 Deadlines and Important Dates
- March 1, 2021 – Contest begins
- April 30, 2021 – SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- May 1-4 – Board votes on submissions
- May 4-10 – Community votes on submissions
- May 14, 2021 – Winner announced